Sunday, November 18, 2007

Top Secret

It's Christmas knitting time, people. Unfortunately, the people for whom I'm knitting read this blog, so I'll be creating content from other side projects and past knits. Take, for example, The Chris here, ready to bike to the gym yesterday.

Filey from Alice Starmore's Fishermen's Sweaters, a completed Shackleton Hat (my own design) from my handspun, fingerless gloves of my own design, and even handknit socks from some Socks that Rock in Lagoon. I didn't have to dress him up, either... I just caught him all dressed up before we left!

It's appreciation like this from Weaver-Bergh family members that has made me undertake the massive Christmas push that I have. Yep. Sat around all day today and watched an entire season of America's Next Top Model while knitting and weaving madly and feeling neurons shrivel.

Here's a closeup of the hat from the back:

In other news, we saw No Country for Old Men last night. If you like nihilism with your nihilism, head out and see it! Personally, I'm a huge fan of Cormac McCarthy and the Cohen brothers, so this was one of the best movies I've seen... ever? Maybe ever.

4 comments:

nicole said...

Great to see a "live" Filey. I've got that one on my list. It looks so nice on Chris, ready to hit the road.

Glad to hear the new Cohen bros. is great. My expectations are really high, and that always worries me (higher chance of a let down, esp. since I loved the book). Going this week for sho!

Unknown said...

i completely agree with you regarding 'No Country For Old Men.' it was fantastic! Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin were amazing. TLJ was good too, but for some reason he just totally creeps me out.

Michele said...

you gotta love your guy and his knits. the hat looks adorable from the back.

cormac macarthy fan too. must go see this movie.

Salty Miss Jill said...

Hello! I saw your photostream on flickr, and had to find out more.
I've just spent the past hour and a half looking and gaping over your archives! Wow, have you got skills...
Not to mention FABULOUS hair!
AND a new regular reader. :)