Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Pattern!

So there's been a lot of knitting secrecy going on here at Haus Weaverknits, and I can finally show you one of the products: My Milk Snake Cowl, available through Knit Picks!


I couldn't get the striped i-cord edging idea out of my mind for months and was just waiting for the perfect design to incorporate it. This cowl is easy and fun, with thick, cozy cables and the chance to showcase two buttons of your choice (I used two vintage square bakelite ones purchased at an antique store where the proprietor and I bonded for about an hour over a sort of large tackle box filled with buttons while Chris humored me).


Best of all, this pattern is only $1.99, as are all the new Knit Picks patterns! AND it takes only two skeins of any heavy worsted yarn... Knit Picks Gloss HW is heavenly. So here you are, just in time for Christmas knitting! Enjoy!

9 comments:

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You are so good! I need to knit one of those. Because I have the perfect buttons. Who would have thought of striped icord? Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

seriously LOVE this cowl!

Laura Michelle said...

Super cute! I love the striped edging.

craftivore said...

Striped I-cord, how tantalizing! Congrats on yet another super cute pattern.

choo choo knits said...

you look fabulous and the cowl is spectacular! I'm doing a scarf using an icord edging and they are just genius! I don't know how I ever did scarves differently! Can't wait to make this with some funky colors

Karen said...

What a great combination of classic cables and funky details. I love it!

Anonymous said...

tee hee! Bakelite!

Isn't Gloss HW lovely?? sigh...

Salty Miss Jill said...

More fabulousness. :) Girl, do you ever stop?
Love the red, too!
xoxoxSMJ

Mildawg said...

That is super cute! Lovely execution.