Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mad Hatter Cardigan


Brand new from the Sanguine Gryphon... A Tea Tray in the Sky!

It's a top-down round-yoke cardigan knit in one piece using fingering-weight yarn; sizes are 32-52 inch bust; the sample is 36 inches around. The colorwork is a slipped stitch pattern, so only one color is used per row. This is one of those designs that just made sense--I've been wanting to use a plaid pattern for some time, and mixing it with some floral elements (my first time using floral elements). Just click the link above to order!


The working title was "Garden Punk." I knew it was right for the Sanguine Gryphon. I mean, they styled it with a top hat.

5 comments:

craftivore said...

Of course it needed a top hat! It's a very cute cardi and I'm sure will appeal to many. Congrats on another lovely design.

Diana Troldahl said...

Cute sweater! Did you mean the colorwork was a slip-stitched pattern? With stranded patterns there are at least 2 colors per row.

meg said...

Very nice pattern! I love the checkerboard feature.

Bridget said...

Pretty! And they have some great yarns. I've never made a yoked sweater, so it may be a while until I have the nerve to try this.

Salty Miss Jill said...

Oh my, LOVE it!