Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fiber Frolic: The goods.

Since I'm drowning in my own congestion right now, I'll show you the loot from Maine this weekend!
First, two skeins of "Friends Blendz" merino and mohair from Friends' Folly Farm. It's destined for a Christmas present... the colors of this yarn captivated me and Chris.

Two skeins of Big Ball Chunky Peruvian Wool from Spunky Eclectic in the Vineyard colorway. I love Amy's yarns and fiber, and it was overwhelming to see so much of it in one place! These are for a basic raglan cardigan that I'll wear to the gym instead of my ancient zip-up Harvard hoodie. There were some other Spunky Eclectic purchases, including Super Sport Sock in Diet Coke, and some other sock varieties that were on sale. Oh, and some fiber: BFL and some "triple play batts," with and without sparkle.
Yep. There was also some angora and merino blend from Wolfsong Farm. Susan, the owner, was so nice, and this fiber, intended for baby things, is as soft as can be. And there was more. But coughing has taken over, and the more will come, I hope, tomorrow.

No comments: