Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dedicated to Lisa Shobhana Mason

Long, long ago, before I had a blog, oh so many jobs ago, I noticed a pattern online that I loved, Tulip by Lisa Shobhana Mason.

I bought the yarn a few months later when I saw it in a yarn store in Chicago. The yarn then sat on one of my bookshelves until a month ago, when I swatched it. Whee! I love the feel of the Jamaica; crisp yet soft, and hey, machine washable!

Saturday night, after meeting some knitting deadlines, I STARTED. Here we go! It's like a little snack of a design that I hope to be wearing by the end of the week.


I've also fallen in love with the Bauhaus Geometric Throw from Yarnplay at Home. Lisa was fantastic enough to send me a little bit of Lorna's Laces Heaven, the yarn for the pattern, wrapped around a piece of cardboard that was the side of a 12-pack of Corona (loved this touch), so I could knit a swatch and see if it's "fluff cycle in the dryer compatible," since my two gigantic white cats necessitate fluffing out the cat hair of all our blankets on a regular basis. Here it is, after a fluff in the dryer... looks like we're on!

In the background is my new copy of Sexy Little Knits that I WON in craftivore's contest! I've never won before! Chris has already coopted it and it lives on his side of our big table now. I think I'll make a Blue Suede Bikini; why not? It's so small it shouldn't take more than a few days to knit...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ooh I use the same scale for fibery measurements. That blanket project sounds fuzzy!

lisa said...

=)

ooh! i can't wait to see what colors you choose for your Bauhaus! i'm so excited!

craftivore said...

I like Tulip! And and liked her Bibi top too, shirred gathering in the yoke and striped yarn, I'll have to remember that one.

Blue suede bikini, tee hee.