Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vacation! Moving! Secret Knits! Yard/Yarn Sale!

Where to start? Life has been crazy! Chris and I are moving from Malden to Jamaica Plain in late October, after I found an apartment... through a carpenter/mechanic I met at a pub. Not only will we live in a real neighborhood, with neighborhood bar, restaurants, groceries, and subway within short walking distance, we will also have a GRANDIOSE outdoor deck and some very creative housemates (a carpenter/motorcycle mechanic and his wife, who is a jewelry designer and artist).

This past weekend Chris and I went to the Lake Champlain islands in Vermont. Here's an idea of what we did:


Why no knitting pictures? I'm finishing up two really awesome new sweaters, one that will be available in December 2009 and the other for March 2010. Here are the buttons I chose for them on vacation...

Bone, found at a flea market in Waterbury, just down the road from the Ben & Jerry's factory (which we toured, of course). When the vendor saw me matching them up with Secret Sweater #1, she gave them to me for free (so sweet):


Plastic ("scoop" buttons), purchased from the Tinker's Barn antiques store in South Hero, Vermont:


Here's Chris outside Tinker's Barn:


Last thing! YARD SALE including BINS OF YARN will take place this Saturday from 8 am to 3 pm at my house in Malden, MA. Less than a mile from the orange line subway, lots of parking, very near Boston proper. More details to come!!! NOTHING OVER $10!!! BINS AND BINS! I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH YARN AND IT CAN'T ALL MAKE THE MOVE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the exciting move. I'm sorry (really and truly...sigh...) that I'll miss the yard sale with bins and bins of yarn. heh. Not that I don't have enough.

And by the way, HOORAY for VERMONT! I know exactly where you guys were, too. Isn't it gorgeous in September? My mum lives about fifteen minutes away from there....

Salty Miss Jill said...

Hooray for the move! Sounds like a perfect neighborhood. Do keep us posted...