Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Post-deadline fatigue


I'm through with you, Size 4 16-inch circular needles.

I have absolutely no knitting to show you. I have just completed two accessory designs, and the patterns for them, over the past five days. Not because I procrastinated, no, it was because I only had FIVE DAYS once the yarn arrived. It hurts, it hurts me!!!


Behold the trash that has accumulated at my jobjob bus stop. When I started this job 3 1/2 weeks ago, the trash collection included only those two large styro cups with the orange straws. Now there's a new element nearly every day. It's nice to have things to watch.


As a break from knit-fest Memorial Day weekend, Chris and I picked strawberries. We now have gallons of flash-frozen strawberries, 23 jars of jams, and have consumed a lot of strawberry slump. If you read that link, note that the slump is the same as the grunt. Heh heh.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! Slump. Grunt. Didn't they originally name it that because it would make grunting noises as it baked? Maybe I imagined it.

Maybe I'm just tired, but the photo looked, at first, like you were sticking needles into your eyes. Maybe in frustration at such a short deadline? eep.

STRAWBERRIES!

Mette said...

The Art of Knitting is seldom compatible with deadlines.

craftivore said...

Grunt, Buckle, Pandowdy, Crumble, Cobbler, I love all those names and love to eat them all. I picked the rest of my aunt's rhubarb plant last weekend and cut it up and froze it. We'll see how frozen rhubarb fares. Can't wait to see all your designs!