Monday, June 7, 2010

ISO Sample Knitters!

Helloooo blog readers! I know some of you have mentioned test knitting for me in your comments, and the time has come! Here are the details (I have also posted these to my Friends of Weaverknits group on Ravelry (did you know I have one? You can join it here).

Here is the general spiel:

I’m working on a self-published collection of patterns that I hope to complete by the end of August. Though I have been firmly committed to knitting every stitch of every design I create myself, for this book there are a few pieces that I am just not going to have time to finish. So here are the details:
  • You will not be TEST knitting; you will be SAMPLE knitting. The pattern you receive will be technically edited when you receive it, and will be something that I have already knit, most likely in a different size/color scheme/with variations. That being said, the pattern may not be perfect, so be on the lookout for anything that is unclear or incorrect.
  • Because this is sample knitting, the work must be PERFECT. It will be coming on trunk shows with me and photographed for the publication.
  • A bummer: You will not get to keep your sample. I will need it for quite some time, and it will likely be handled by a lot of people.


So here’s the deal: I’m going to be posting individual requests for individual projects. What I can offer you:

  • Payment via PayPal or personal check. The amout of payment will depend on the project you knit.
  • Credit in the publication for your knitting, as well as a link to your blog/store/whatever you like.

I will send you the yarn for your sample, and send you the pattern electronically.

Here's the first project!

The first project has been assigned! WOW!!! Tune in for more!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! That was quick! Will be on the look out next time you need a knitter.

jsdknits said...

Do I have to sit on my computer to get to knit a project?

Kelly said...

Let me know if you need more!