Here is the general spiel:
I’m working on a self-published collection of patterns that I hope to complete by the end of August. Though I have been firmly committed to knitting every stitch of every design I create myself, for this book there are a few pieces that I am just not going to have time to finish. So here are the details:
- You will not be TEST knitting; you will be SAMPLE knitting. The pattern you receive will be technically edited when you receive it, and will be something that I have already knit, most likely in a different size/color scheme/with variations. That being said, the pattern may not be perfect, so be on the lookout for anything that is unclear or incorrect.
- Because this is sample knitting, the work must be PERFECT. It will be coming on trunk shows with me and photographed for the publication.
- A bummer: You will not get to keep your sample. I will need it for quite some time, and it will likely be handled by a lot of people.
So here’s the deal: I’m going to be posting individual requests for individual projects. What I can offer you:
- Payment via PayPal or personal check. The amout of payment will depend on the project you knit.
- Credit in the publication for your knitting, as well as a link to your blog/store/whatever you like.
I will send you the yarn for your sample, and send you the pattern electronically.
Here's the first project!
The first project has been assigned! WOW!!! Tune in for more!!!