Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Guumon at FOE in Northampton, MA, through June 7!

If you've been following this blog for a while, you might remember my first custom Guumon, a collaboration with my friend Brian Mahony. Brian (who lives right across the street from me; isn't that awesome?) currently has a big shown at FOE in Northampton, MA, and, while I was in DC during the opening, Chris and I took a roadtrip there yesterday.

I have a new custom piece in the show, which combines a traditional Scandinavian geometric motif with some freeform crochet.

It was an honor to be in the company of a lot of famous artists, including the likes of OsirisOrion and blobpus (who did the paint job below):

Check out my first custom Guu in the top row!

If you live in the Northampton area, or are planning a trip to WEBS in the next two weeks, stop by. Even if you miss the Guus, stop by the gallery; I love places like this where, if you love the art enough, you can actually afford to buy some of it.


Salty Miss Jill said...

These are wacky!
Very cool...

craftivore said...

Totally goofy and wonderful! I love that your new custom piece has the crocheted peek out window, great colors too.