Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kicking off year two of a small business with some space and some yellow

Weaverknits LLC will occupy nearly 600 square feet of industrial/flex space on January 1. Chris has promised to help me paint one of the walls yellow (after I was strongly drawn to another, more expensive space because it had a Yellow Wall).

I see weaving, blocking garments, storing yarn, samples, and books, teaching workshops, a large table for laying out garments for measurement (I can't imaging doing this without having to push my coffee table against the apartment door), and a desk for writing and copyediting.

And more.

There's a small "office" room with a window off this room, too.


In other news, KnitPicks has a new Wool of the Andes color called Caution. Look how it brightens up the pile of knitting stuff by the side of my bed! I'll be knitting all of that into a new design for publication early next year. It's an amazing, amazing yellow . . . on the golden side, deep enough that it isn't retina scalding. Imagine the possibilities for well-placed Caution in colorwork!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the workspace! That's super exciting!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Congratulations! There's nothing like an empty work room to make the future explode with possibility.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! It will be great to have some additional space. I love to have some space to spread out my yarn so I can really appreciate it.

choo choo knits said...

You know I'm a sucker for yellow - bring that Sh*t on sister!

Also - hooray for office/work space! I hope it has room for my aerobed for when I come to visit you and take a workshop class :o)

xoxo

Emily said...

Congratulations on the new space! OMG, dedicated creative space is one of my dreams. Someday...

Can't wait to see what you get up to with that Caution yarn.

Jesse said...

Congrats on the new space! It looks perfect.

craftivore said...

Wow, a space of your own! That is truly special. I'm sure a yellow wall will do wonders.

Bridget said...

Hooray for you! I think it all sounds really exciting.

6toknit4 said...

Happy happy NEW Year Ann, so many exciting possibilities. You shall continue to grow and amaze!!! Love, and best wishes.

6toknit4 said...

Happy, happy NEW year, Ann! So many exciting possibilities, you shall continue to grow and amaze!!! Love and best wishes.

meppybn said...

YAY for space............congrats on needing it!!!! & definitely needs a yellow wall :)

Stephanie said...

Congrats on arriving at the point where your small business is successful enough to warrant office space!