Sunday, November 6, 2011

Overdye success!


Some black dye and and the dying pot...


Ta da! Dark plum. A little blotchy, but that just adds to the depth, I think. I've been wearing it every since it dried. Success!

And the winner of 238g/about 525 yards of purple yarn, determined by random number generator, is... commenter #7, Loribird! Email me your address at weaverknits77@gmail.com and I'll send you some PURPLE.

I LOVED reading all your color comments. I was laughing all week! I wasn't surprised that yellow and orange were difficult for a lot of people, and yes, "hospital green" is a tough one, too, although I think it has great potential. You guys are great!!!

5 comments:

StaceyKnitsIt said...

Love it!

Lori said...

Yay! I can haz purple!

Your overdye job looks great, so glad you could rescue your finished piece and turn it into a wearable knit!

meppybn said...

Congrats Loribird! Am inspired to overdye a cream (blahhhh) cabled scarf now :) :)

green butterfly said...

Ann, I'm thinking of over-dying a jacket I just knitted. What kind of dye do you use? Jennifer

Salty Miss Jill said...

I concur...big fan of the overdyed, with all the rich, complex hues therein. This looks great!