Tuesday, January 17, 2012

S T U D I O

My current home office:

My new studio:

The building is a converted mill in Peabody, Massachusetts, north of Boston.


My room used to be the Men's Toilet.

'
We started moving my stuff in yesterday.


Go Chris! He was thrilled to be getting all these boxes of yarn and knitting books out of the house.


A view from the inside. The space is 480 square feet, so that's actually a large pile, dwarfed by the space.


This weekend: Industrial shelving, corkboard, and scraping off one of the walls to paint it yellow. For those of you in the Boston area, there will be a Studio Party in about a month, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

by Annie Claire said...

So exciting! Congrats!

Skein said...

Looks absolutely wonderful! Where's the jelouse button ;)

Thea said...

Congrats! I am so jealous of your amazing space. If you ever want knitting company over there one day, it's not on your bus line anymore, but still close enough to bring a drink ovah for a bit....

Looking fwd to the space-warming party :-)

Thea

Nell said...

You deserve it!! I can't wait to see what you come up with next...

Anonymous said...

That is so flippin awesome. I'm going to have a secret affair with that brick building. We will meet each other in back alleyways with fedoras and cigarettes on those long cigarette-holder things. Then again, maybe it's less romantic when you can smell the traces of men's bathroom. But the pipes make it look pretty badass, so that's good.

congrats!