Thursday, January 12, 2012

Schedule for January and February

I'm going places and teaching things! Here's where I'll be and what I'll be doing for the next few weekends:

Jan. 21 and 28: I will be teaching a Design Your Own Triangle Shawl workshop at Black Sheep Knitting Co. in Needham, MA. Interested in what this means? We'll be doing stuff like this:


And this:


But not from a single pattern (although I do include a booklet with some of my recipes to participants). From your own mind! I describe the basics, and then everyone gets started and shares ideas. Want to see more? Some of the sample designs for the workshop are currently in the window at Black Sheep!

Feb. 11: I'll be teaching Color Theory from 10 am to 12 pm and Triangle Shawls (see photos above) from 1:30 to 4:30 at The Creative Stitch in Hingham. I've taught here before and this shop has a really vibrant community of knitters, so I'm expecting to learn a lot from participants!

Feb. 18 and 19: I'm going to BALTIMORE! I'll be teaching Triangle Shawls (above) and a combination Color Theory/Albers Cowl class at Woolworks, which is a beautiful shop just north of downtown Baltimore. I visited Woolworks briefly during my last trip to Baltimore and expect great fun this time around.

Now I'll share my favorite image of the week: It's from Ron Paul's speech after he came in second in the New Hampshire Republican primary. This is not about my political leanings or my opinion of Ron Paul or the content of the speech. (It does, however, reflect the fact that I follow politics very closely.) You do not need to watch the entire speech. Watch the beginning and look directly to the left of Ron Paul (that would be Ron Paul's right). Here it is.

Do you see it?

The giant. The tiny, tiny man in front of him. Crazy.

1 comment:

craftivore said...

That can't be real, right?! He must be standing on something. Crazy. Sounds like you have a busy and exciting beginning to 2012 ahead of you.