Monday, April 30, 2012

Weaverknits Grellow

Helloooo from the Baltimore area! I've been teaching, working, and running around in a frenzy.

Something very special happened the other night, though. After I taught a color theory class at the Dragonfly Fibers studio on Saturday, Kate, her friend Elizabeth, and I started experimenting with dying different shades of yellow and grellow. The results were a LOT of different grellows, and a yarn color NAMED AFTER ME: Weaverknits Grellow.

Here's a teaser shot of some of our experiments.



You'll have to wait to see the final color until after MDSW, where it will make its debut. You can find it at the Cloverhill Farm booth and at the Llamajama booth (you can also find my books at both booths). I'll be working at the Llamajama booth all day on Saturday and on Sunday afternoon, and will be at the Cloverhill Farm booth on Sunday morning. Come say hi!

4 comments:

CindyS said...

Imagine that, you and grellow! I am shocked shocked I tell you!

:)

Lee said...

I too am shocked. And having been there earlier in the day I can say that I am turning an unbecoming shade of green(with envy) because it sounds like so much fun.

craftivore said...

It's about time you had your own signature yarn and of course it had to be grellow.

Salty Miss Jill said...

Yes, what craftivore said!
LOVE those shades...