Friday, July 27, 2012

In front of the camera

serving crazy realness in the new Cooperative Press book, Reversible Scarves.

Source: ravelry.com via Ann on Pinterest

(Which I highly recommend for anyone who is looking for some new designs that work on everybody and are clever without being tricky. I can see this book becoming a sort of gift knit bible.)

White Whale news: Only one design to finish, on time for a fall release! I finally finished the very large design in Squishy Lace (color: Weaverknits Grellow, of course) that I knit almost entirely during my European vacation, including while sitting on the street in Amsterdam (I don't remember this situation, but Chris captured it)


while watching the Eurocup in pubs


while waiting for the Tour de France riders to zip by





and in Schiphol airport after being awake for nearly 30 hours.



I like to think about all the places this design has been, and how, as a result, it embodies a little piece of each of them, like stamps in a passport. 2000 yards of laceweight yarn become 2000 yards of experience. Soon the sample will begin its travels with me. Look for it in person at Rhinebeck. Wait, wait, it will be the only grellow thing with a 65-inch diameter. You won't be able to miss it.

2 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

O, the tales this project could tell!
Love the color...can;t wait to see the finished item.
xoSMJ

craftivore said...

Love all the shots of you in action, particularly on the sidewalk, next to bikes, in the dark! Can't wait for book 2.