Monday, November 24, 2008

Lookit!


I made a new sweater!


Okay, so the green one is new; I made the other one over a year ago. This new one will be a gift. Making the gift sweater gave me the impetus to "read" last year's sweater and take notes this time (I swear I had notes the first time, but who knows where they went) and turn it into a very easy and enjoyable pattern, now available for $5.



Huge thanks go out to my friend Amy, who is modeling the brown/orange original World Series Sweater... it was so cold outside when we took these photos. I am wearing the green new World Series Sweater since I like the fact that it looks cool with a lot of ease (I am wearing the 36 inch bust size, and the sizes are meant to have about 3-4 inches of positive ease - so it actually measures 40 inches across the bust, and I am a 32 inch bust). The brown/orange sweater is the 32 inch size, and Amy is somewhere between a 32 and 34 inch bust, and I like the way the sweaters are so flattering on both of us. I don't think you can mess this one up, flattering-wise.

I don't think I've ever made such an easy sweater, and the color possibilities are endless. And it has a Missoni vibe to it, but it's not make out of whatever synthetic blend Missoni sweaters tend to use... it's all wool, baby.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Nettie said...

Both are beautiful! Though Impartial to the green :D

Anonymous said...

love this one :)

nicole said...

Oh man, the green one is fantastic!

Unknown said...

Really great. The color mixes are wonderful.

Christine said...

Awesome!! I've added that to my queue and that will be my next sweater, I think.

craftivore said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous. I love it with the extra ease. It IS very Missoni.

MaryjoO said...

great sweaters!! colors are awesome!

Ayala said...

hey! lovely sweater. How big does your pattern go?