Friday, November 20, 2009

Today I did not have to go bake bread

So I was able to take some photos of my recent knitting. Before our recent move, I finished up what may end up being the only large handknit present of the holidays this year. It's a Pi shawl, large and plain, knit in Evilla Artyarn that I purchased from Wollsucht a few years ago:


It doubles as a warm blankie. A blankie that looks fabulous when scrunched up and wrapped about the neck:


I might wear layers of mismatched jammies and blankets as "togas" around my apartment in the winter, but I'm meticulous when it comes to what I wear out (now that I wear the same pair of flour-covered Dickies, t-shirt, hoodie, and work boots every day, I have to make a conscious effort not to give up entirely... honestly, many evenings I think, "why shower? I'll just be covered in flour again six hours from now. Oh, and I'll just wear those clothes in a pile there tomorrow as well. Socks too. Underwear. It's all good"). No sweatpants or any variation thereof, no flip-flops in summer. But a blankie like this? Fabulous!


The fact that I've let the Recession Series of free patterns lapse has been nagging me, so I've started a new design, and it's socks!

I'm actually looking for a test knitter or two for the pattern. I can't afford to pay you, but I can send you two complimentary Weaverknits patterns of your choice in exchange for knitting at least one of the socks within the next few weeks (the pattern should be available in about a week). Just send me an email at weaverknits77@gmail.com if you're interested!

ETA: I have test knitters!!! Thanks to everyone who volunteered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I tend to wear the same clothes every day too...why give yourself the extra laundry? boo.

I'd love to test knit, but employment has seriously hindered my productivity. Again, boo.

Erin Wallace said...

This shawl is gorgeous! The colors superb - makes me want to go out and buy the yarn, which, alas, I am sure is out of my budget. And am a bit sad that I missed the test knitter opportunity! Have always wanted to do that! Ah, well, such is life.

Mildawg said...

I love the shawl! The colors look great.