Friday, February 12, 2010

Interweave Knits Spring 2010, fo sho!

Dude, I've been making a lot of stuff. Here's a design I worked up for IK in a color that I initially hated but that ended up growing on me. A little.

Anyway, I was worried they would photograph it on a model wearing an apron, holding a cup of coffee, and/or walking through a field of flowers, so I took a few photos of myself wearing it in my work clothes to show that it's wearable by normal people who are going to work, not frolicking in the fields.


Now you know you can wear it with your Nick Cave t-shirt and look great!

My worries were overblown, however. IK did a nice job with it, really showing off the simple construction a the neatness of the neckline.

Check out more of the preview here. On the stands March 2! Make one in tweedy wool! Make one in acid green cotton! I'll make one in navy for my sister!

16 comments:

m said...

awesome. thank you. I have been thinking that when I look at sweater patterns I need to mentally filter them by whether or not they would look all right when worn over a t-shirt with a graphic or text. I tend to be attracted to sweaters with some sort of stitch pattern, but it often turns out that those don't play well with my t-shirts. (I pretty much only wear t-shirts.)

Emily said...

Ha, I remember you bitching about that color! It turned out really cute, though. I like it. And congrats on a garment in IK!

kiki said...

great design! i´m looking forward to see it in the magszine.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! It's a super-cute cardigan.

nicole said...

Love it!

StaceyKnitsIt said...

It looks great on you and looks like something I'd wear too. Love it; soon it will be in my queue.

Kate said...

Just what I was looking for! I even have enough dark purple worsted in my stash! I'm thinking chunky orange buttons...It's going to be hard to wait until March for the pattern!

Ann Smith said...

Love it !

craftivore said...

Woot, woot! You go girl. I love the way it looks when it's unbuttoned and lays open to the side.

Anonymous said...

ooooo! The neckline does look really nice. I'll be stalking the mag shelves for it.

Lucie said...

can't wait!

Karen said...

I bet your mom would like one in orange!

Binnie Brennan said...

Great cardigan. Love the buttons, too.

Domestic Goddess Ltd. said...

Congratulations, Ann! It's always good to see the designer modeling her own work, even though I agree with you that IK did a creditable job of photographing it for the issue. Nice work! You have been a busy girl.

TanjaV said...

I just can't help but love the fact there is another person (on a different continent even), who loves Nick Cave and knitting. I know it's not THAT strange, but still, makes me feel warm and fuzzy, music and knitting bringing people together and all that rot. :)

Salty Miss Jill said...

I'll take Nick Cave over a field of flowers any old day. ;)
Wonderful!