Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vacation in Review: The Knitting

What with the upcoming book, I knit whenever I could while on vacation on some big projects. Sometimes the knitting was accompanied by a lot of beer.

To start the trip off on a good note, this was the scene on our first morning in Iceland, after about four hours of sleep during a night that did not get dark. I accidentally put sugar in Chris' coffee, which he hates. Look how stunned he is. Adorable.

That's lace-weight Lopi in front of him; $2 a skein; each skein is about 325 yards.


Of course we visited the Englishe Garten in Munich. I knit when the beer arrived:


While consuming the beer (my knitting appears to amuse me at this point):

And while moving on to the second liter of beer:


I went and took a nap in the grass soon after this photo was taken.

I knit after we hiked up to Blaueishutte in the Alps (1680 meters); a pretty serious hike. We stayed overnight in a big room filled with bunk beds called the "Lager." Don't worry, there is a beer in front of me at this point, it's just not in the photo:

I knit while waiting for the riders in the Tour de France to pass by on Day 1... some three-color stranded work at this point:

And here they come! As Chris notes, my boyfriend is in the front (he's won the yellow jersey for the past 6 days, but has also won the yellow jersey for cuteness):

I'm actually watching the ride live from my couch right now. Will it be a 7th day in yellow for my boyfriend, or will Contador make a move?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Any vacation involving beer and knitting sounds like my kind of vacation!

Jennifer said...

That is so cool that you got to watch some of the Tour from the sidelines! And that beer looks delicious!

Salty Miss Jill said...

So that's where you've been!
Sounds like a wonderful time. :)

Emily said...

A beertacular, knitastic time. :-) I'm really jealous - Iceland is on my top-10 list of vacation destinations for sure.