Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brave New Knits trunk show Saturday!

If anyone's in the Boston area, I'll be part of a trunk show for the book Brave New Knits this Saturday, September 11, from 12-3 at Windsor Button. Come see all the samples, try them on, talk to Julie, me, and probably some other Boston-area designers, and the vast selection of yarn at Windsor Button.

Now that the book samples are done, I found the time to knit some socks! They're my adaptation of Nancy Bush's Hiiumaa Mismatched Mates, striped in such a way as to use remnants of two skeins of sock yarn. They're a gift and are out the door this afternoon... I owe a lot of people a lot of things for helping me with the book!


Did you know: In addition to being a graphic designer, my Lil Sis creates crocheted accessories and garments without patterns? I'm working with her to write down some of her notes so that maybe others can make them, too. I mean, look at this!

5 comments:

nicole said...

Well, it looks like talent runs in the family. I LOVE those socks. The colour combo is fab.

jsdknits said...

The hat is fantastic!

jsdknits said...

The hat is fantastic!

choo choo knits said...

Um, I WISH i was going to be in the Boston area this weekend (in general, I wish I lived in the Boston area though). Good luck with the trunk show!

Gitte said...

Hi - just to let you know that I finaly got to knit your Honeycomb Shawl - and I love it.
It is knitted in thin wool (3mm)

I knitted mittens to go with the shawl as well.

Thank you for your fine pattern ;-)