Monday, September 20, 2010

Death Race and Albers Cowl

The next two designs from Craft Work Knit are:

Death Race: A baby jacket inspired by that jacket Jason Statham wears in the movie of the same name. It's knit in pieces, includes very simple intarsia, and is sized from 3 to 24 months.

Here Leo, our new downstairs neighbor who's just 3 months old, models it. The fact that Leo's parents were expecting was what got me thinking about designing stuff for babies!


He's a little sleepy in that second photo. As his dad said, "The star is fading."

Next, the Albers Cowl, modeled by my lovely mother:


It's the first in a series of patterns that were inspired by Josef Albers' Portrait of a Square paintings. I worked hard to get the proportions just like those of Albers' paintings. The cowl is created by knitting three squares and seaming them together.


This is all about going crazy with the color choices (and using up fingering weight yarn leftovers)!

It's coming soon. Any day now...

10 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, the jacket looks so fabulous all finished and photographed! Can't wait to see its partner, too.

choo choo knits said...

I love that you used snaps for the sweater and your mom looks great wearing the cowl

Emily said...

I'm loving these designs! So textural, & love love love your color choices. Can't wait to see more. :-)

SeattleAmy said...

Can I suggest you link to the pattern in Ravelry? It just took me about 20 minutes to track you down on Ravelry...and then try to figure out how to find the pattern.

I'm not sure how to go about getting the pattern just yet, but it's late...so maybe tomorrow's project?

Anonymous said...

oooohhh.....modern art cowl.....

Ann Smith said...

Counting down until the book is ready- loved the ability to pre-order.

Ann Smith said...

Love the designs - can't wait until the book is published. Love the ability to pre-order.

craftivore said...

Whoa, I am just loving all these forward thinking designs!! They have an air of Europe about them.

Ivete Tecedor said...

love the cowl!

Anonymous said...

I love this cowl. I just started knitting, but your designs are great.