Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ramblin' Man

It came on as I drove home tonight and I sung along. I haven't been home much lately.

It's been a while, and most of you have probably stopped following my blog. So here's some DESTASH MADNESS to get things going while I wait to announce the publication of two new books in the next few weeks!

I've learned that when I design I can't use yarns that are discontinued; it makes people crazy and cranky. And it doesn't help the company that produced the yarn, either. So I'm destashing a lot of things I really love but that have been discontinued, rendering them unfit for design work.

To claim any of the following, send me an email at weaverknits77@gmail.com! I'll send you a PayPal invoice.

First, something I love so much that I contacted the dyer behind it, only to find that she had sold the company. I contacted the new company, which did not write me back. It kills me that I can't use this yarn for a White Whale design, but such is life.

Lobster Pot Yarns Whale of a Skein (80% wool, 10% dehaired angora, 10% cashmere; 740 yards; DK weight) in Sea Lettuce SOLD and off to a new home!

 $25 plus $8 shipping

A lovely fingering-weight blend that just isn't my colors, no matter how much I try to work with it.

Maple Creek Farm fingering blend (wool/bamboo/a little nylon; 450 yards; fingering weight) in Sun Stone Sold!


$10 plus $6 shipping

Five skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Montrose (I love you, Montrose, but you're discontinued); that's 1125 yards! SOLD!


$45 plus $10 shipping

Eleven skeins of Artyarns Supermerino in color 102 (that's all I can find about this one). They're quite golden (more so than in this photo); not the sort of yellow I tend to use (but a yellow most seem to prefer). That's 1248 yards! SOLD!


$35 plus $10 shipping

And finally, destashed because I hate cotton SO MUCH, nine skeins of Den-M-Knit (compare to Rowan Denim). I bought it to make this, which is something I would wear and love if I ever knit with cotton. SOLD

$20 plus $7 shipping

I hope all of this yarn finds happy new homes!
ETA October 14: All the yarn has been relocated! Check in tomorrow for a little more destash and some updates!

3 comments:

Blonde said...

I agree, knitting with cotton isn't fun. Cotton is made for crochet! ;-)

meppybn said...

No, Ann, I keep checking every day or two!!! and looking forward to see what you've got in TWO books - yay :) :)

NJStacie said...

I still have a skein of your Lacey Lamb, lady! We should get together when you are actually in town :)