Monday, October 15, 2012

Running, knitting, destashing

Yesterday I ran the Cambridge Oktoberfest 5k in my echtes Bayerisches Dirndl (bei einem Flohmarkt in Bayern gekauft). A lot of runners had short, costume dirndls on, but mine was the only real deal I saw. If you think it looks awkward to run in, you're right. Kicking all that fabric made things a little slow, but I ran the whole thing in a respectable time and wearing it was half the fun).


Loving the portapotty background in this photo. I ran with some of Chris' work friends. Of course there was beer after.


I've been knitting a lot after finishing the work on my latest two books, mainly on a reknit of my Project Rothko Scarf from Twentieth Century Graphic in Neighborhood Fiber Co. Rustic Fingering. All the pieces from this book will be reknit in indie yarns and I'll republish the book in my own style this coming spring. Garter stitch (following my own pattern, even) is about all I can handle now.


Soon I'll be starting some new, bigger projects, both continuing some current themes (container ships, White Whale, color studies) and starting some new ones.

I was so pleased to relocate some of my yarns last week that I want to continue the process today.

WHOA, yarn destash is OVER, all is sold. I'll be back at my studio later this week and will post more!

First, nine balls of Crystal Palace Fjord (100% wool, single ply, nice and soft) in a soft blue semisolid (91 yds/ball; 819 yards):

$20 plus $7 shipping

Next, ten balls of Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK (100% Merino) in a natural/gray ply (137 yds/ball; 1370 yards). I love this yarn, but it's discontinued and therefore not a great choice for a new sweater design:

$25 plus $10 shipping

Finally, a lone skein of Sanguine Gryphon Bugga! in a color that was limited to Spring 2011. I used this color in the yoke of my Tea Tray in the Sky design. It's awesome, but again, I need to design using current colors.

$10 plus $6 shipping

Just email me at weaverknits77@gmail.com if you're interested in the yarn!

2 comments:

green butterfly said...

Ann, Love the outfit! New Tattoo? Jennifer

craftivore said...

It's Herman Melville day on Google main page with a cute illustration. And you look cute in your dirndl. Hope to see you this weekend!