Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I Run! I'm a Runner!


Here I am after the Tufts 10K for Women yesterday: a finish in under 55 minutes! I haven't run a road race since 2001, when I ripped some calf muscles apart training for a marathon, but setting up challenges like this for myself keeps my fitness, and my life in general, interesting. No one is allowed to get too complacent around here!


An equally exciting event from this past weekend: A finished Neiman from Gitte! She substituted DK weight wool yarn for both the silk and the wool cotton suggested in the pattern, and is already planning to make another in red and black. If anyone else makes this pattern, please send me photos or links to photos! I'm so impressed with her version, and she told me that it fits perfectly. Even though her blog is in Danish, check it out for her lovely knit creations and adorable family.


Finally, I completed my bigass scarf Saturday morning, intended as a Christmas present but more and more unlikely to make it to its recipient. It's made of a few skeins of Big Wool and some leftover bits of my own handspun, and fringed with a skein of Ozark Handspun. I only used a little over half the skein of Ozark, and highly recommend it for finishing touches on your projects. I'll probably be making a hat pompom with the rest of my skein, or fringing another scarf.

Maybe a gift scarf. Maybe.

8 comments:

Gitte said...

Dear Ann, Thank you very much for the fine words concerning both Neiman and my blog! Funny how the internet makes the world small.

Elinor said...

YAY! Congrats on your run! Wooooooooo!

Gitte's version looks great!

nicole said...

Way to go with the sweater, and the 10k. I was all set to run my first one a couple of weeks ago, and then hurt my toe, doh!

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to my Rusty Nail (wink wink)

Bambi said...

Hey, Well done run.
And what a lovely completion of the Neiman. The gray and white are soft and gentle.

Macoco said...

Great run! It must be awesome to see other people knitting up your patterns. Gitte's looks beautiful.

Michele said...

congratulations on the race.

the finished Neiman looks great in grey and white. and i think it's cool and nice when designers post other's versions of their patterns on their blogs.

love the big assed scarf. i'd have a hard time parting with this.

Jamie said...

I've just ordered yarn for a Neiman of my own, so I'll send you a photo when I finish it! Don't hold your breath, though...I'm glacially slow and it will probably be my Big Project of the winter. :-)

Jill said...

Hi Ann... Tht is so cool to have the world knit together like that! HAve fun on your TRIPPY TRIP!!!
Tink