Thursday, January 10, 2008

Delight Children and Astonish Adults! Oh, and thank you, but I don't need a sandwich.


I present: New Job look for January 9, 2008! Oh, the curiousity and delight I left in my wake as I commuted to and from work.

In knitting news, after the holiday present rush it's been nice to finish up some small projects. These baby shoes, for example, presents for upcoming baby showers my mom will be attending:
Or the Slate socks, really so lovely:

Receiving a giant box of Rowan in the mail isn't bad either. There are some pretty serious sale prices at Jimmy Beans Wool; I got the yarn to make an Anise from New Shapes (I knew I needed to make one after I saw this one on Flikr. Wow!!! I ordered Big Wool Fusion for mine in a light grey (which I've noticed is now sold out), since the marled colors look so nice.


I'm also going to make Bark, a crochet pattern from Rowan Magazine 38 that I overlooked many times due to the overwrought nature of the photo shoot. In a shocking turn of events, I'm making it in the very colors and very yarn called for in the pattern. Rowan... per specifications!
I appreciate everyone's comments on my previous post. The design I'm working up will be available in bust sizes 30 to 54 inches, because WHY NOT. It's a simple design and a matter of simple math. I understand the difficulty of sizing up/down patterns with a lot of cables or complex colorwork, but the simpler stuff? WHY NOT. No one should have to slim down or "eat a sandwich" in order to look good in their handknits. If I had a dollar for every time I was told to eat or even offered a sandwich, well, I wouldn't be working at New Job, as Fine as it is.

14 comments:

Emily said...

I see a little Neiman peeking out of that outfit! Good for you, can't wait to see the new design.

emilyoboe said...

the matching hair and tights are a nice touch : )

Lori said...

I *am* delighted! And very curious as to the nature of New Job!
Looking forward to your design and new knits.

Horse 'n' Round said...

Here-here! Sort of a Neil Gaiman/Dickensian look. Love it!

Macoco said...

You wear the hat so well. I'm excited to see the new design. And yay for a wide range of sizes!

nicole said...

What an awesome outfit! I too love the matching tights/hair pairing.

Well... I've got to go eat a sandwich now. But only because I'm hungry!

;)

A Homely Heroine said...

Great outfit, that must be a very cool Job if you get to dress like that! I love the tights, tights should be worn more these days.

Your knitting is super as always, I'm in awe of how much you produce, can't wait to see the new design. As soon as I've finished'Jemima' I'll be buying that Nouveau Sack Hat pattern for sure.

ColorJoy LynnH said...

You look totally fab! The hose are a great touch... and the hat! Oh, the hat is so good.

Congrats on New Job.

LynnH

Anonymous said...

God I love that hat.

Salty Miss Jill said...

Oh my god, you are the most fabulous creature! :)
And ya know what? Eff them jealous bitches giving you a gard time about your figure. You're perfect.

Happy 2008!

Rani said...

I love it! You look like a cute-girly Willy Wonka - Hats off to you and your style!

From,
a frumpy house-wife wearing old pj bottoms and a 50 cotton/50 poly sweatshirt. Ugh.

Jill said...

Doll Face... You inspire us all. I love a daily costume, if only becasue I get so bored with myself!

Do the class dates work for you at Yarns in the Farms for Neiman and Best Friend Cardie? Let us know...
xxoo

Michele said...

that Rowan Bark is incredible. you are going to be quite stylin' in it.

Hapto said...

do not fergit to add an extra repeat or so for slightly large sizes. Many patterns add width, but not the little extra length to keep design proportion.
(imho, anyway)