Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day at the Beach!


Note the completed knit bag in the photo: it's the Ilene Bag from iknityouknot. I fully admit that I hated working with the Euroflax, splitty and hard on the hands as it was. Hate the yarn, loved the pattern... super clear, easy, and without any of the flaws that previously made knitting a market-type bag something unfathomable to me (flaws like the big holes! The tiny straps digging into the shoulder! The LENGTH of the tiny straps! Ridiculous!).


I fit all my bicycle clothes and shoes in it while I was at the beach. For more photos of the beach, where Chris worked on evening out his extreme bicycle boy tan (and ended up a splotchy mess due to haphazard sunscreen application) and I even went in the surprisingly not-miserably-cold ocean, see Chris' photostream here.

6 comments:

Nettie said...

How cute is your swim suit! I like the bag too, I know what you mean about those thin straps being ridiculous.

I love the comments on your husbands photos. I hope you don't break his camera :0)

Greeley said...

Love the bag but that's the best swimsuit I've seen in a long time! (covet)

-greeley

craftivore said...

Cute bag and cute gal, Chris must have been in heaven. Now if only you had a mohair bikini...

Shara said...

That swimsuit is the greatest. Love it! And what a cute knit bag!

kiki said...

i finished my bag yesterday - thank you so much for inspiration =)
best kiki

kiki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.