Sunday, February 1, 2009

Obligations

I haz them.

Right now I have two holiday present sweaters that are unfinished (okay, there is one that is also still in the sketch/swatch phase. But more on that in another post). First, the Lady of the Lake:

She is looking lovely, but needs 1 more sleeve and a collar. This jacket is a SLOG! The boucle yarn, the rows of moss stitch, the boredom of it, oh, it just goes on and on and ON. (ooh, just went to the Colorsong Yarn website and saw this new kit. Oh my).

The upside? It is gorgeous. I was knitting at the People's Republik in Cambridge over a few beers the other night, and strangers reached out to touch it and ooohed and aaaahed. Male strangers in their 20s and 30s. The slog pays off if it generates this kind of magic.

4 comments:

Aline said...

It's so pretty that I didn't notice the missing sleeve until you mentioned it. Ha! Best of luck with the bouclé. Can be tough to get through for sure.

Andreapgn said...

Haha, If you don't mind, I'll have to copy it. Anything that generates attention from male strangers in their 20s and 30s is fine by me! LOL

Anyway, are you sure it needs a collar? It looks fine as is (well, it does need a sleeve)

erngrn said...

Lookin cute!! Fer sher!

craftivore said...

Slog, I love that word. Nice to have some attention though, I could use a little of that. I drooled for way too long over fleece artist yarn and must have some when my stash diet is over.