Friday, February 27, 2009

etsy!

Weaverknits now has an etsy shop! I've decided that I have too much handspun to knit up anytime in the foreseeable future, and that people who do not knit may like a Shackleton hat in colors and size of their choice.

160 yards of Grellow; $30 including shipping within the US! More than enough for a Shackleton Hat of your own!


150 yards of Rainbow; $30 including shipping within the US. Again, more than enough for a Shackleton or any other sort of hat.

Jobjob is denying my Unemployment claim, by the way. So I'll also be knitting in exchange for food until further notice. Something is very wrong with a system where you can be denied jobless benefits because someone doesn't like you and can find a technicality on which to fire you, no matter how hard you've worked for them. Very, very wrong.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Be sure to appeal any denial of unemployment benefits! DO IT!

Emily said...

That is so fucked up! I'm sorry you're having to deal with that, and second the suggestion to appeal. Crazy system indeed.

Ivete Tecedor said...

Wait a minute! On what basis are they denying you?? You should definitely appeal!

Aline said...

Sorry to hear about the struggle you are in.
Those *#%$^! That is so typical and petty of jobjob...
Congrats on your Etsy shop! I am thinking of firing one up myself. Sounds like a great endeavour.

Best of luck sending your precious wool into the world. If I wasn't already swimming in the stuff I would order some : )

A Homely Heroine said...

Cool! Your etsy store rocks : )
I hope the f%#*s at jobjob take a deep knee bend, and do the decent thing.

nicole said...

Jobjob sucks!

On the upside, I'm now the brand new owner of that lovely bit of grellow. Perfect for my very own Shackleton!

kargashina said...

that sucks.. but your yarn is lovely


i agree that you should appeal the denial..

craftivore said...

wtf! They better dish on the unemployment, there are laws for that. I just bought me some gorgeous yarn! I sent a note about the payment through etsy, hope you got it.