Monday, April 13, 2009

It all goes down on Thursday

when I have my unemployment appeal hearing. Send positive, righteous thoughts of justice throughout the afternoon.

Until then, I HAVE been knitting: A Wham Bam Thank You Lamb cowl for a present, made from my own handspun merino.


I've been spinning, too: Some fun, bulky thick-and-thin 2-ply (80 yards), also for a present, made from Traveling Rhinos batts. I've never spun from such an interesting mix of fibers (wool, locks, sparkle, silk, alpaca) and it was fun. I think the yarn will make a very cool hat or cowl.


I promise that there is awesome handspun for the etsy shop on the way!

Another recent project was a day-long baking bonanza with the Bergh family, resulting in lovely, individually-sized desserts for Easter dinner: Lemon chiffon and carrot cake shooters. You can see the complete photographic record of the project on Flickr.


I'll be trying to distract myself until Thursday, but I anticipate a lot of wandering around the house with a pail-sized cup of coffee and a lot of knitting round and round in the glow of bad TV. Good thoughts! Righteous thoughts!

7 comments:

Aline said...

Only good thoughts! Best of luck to you and spinning is definitely the best way to sooth your spirit. Your dessert looks fabulous! A.xx

Artsy Reader said...

Coming your way....

nicole said...

All my fingers and toes crossed!

tneifeld said...

Sending many good thoughts.

craftivore said...

Sending righteous vibes your way! Your sugar shots look delish.

Unknown said...

First time commenter I think - love your work, and I'm sorry that you're having a tough time with employment at the moment :( I'm confused though - what is an unemployment appeal hearing? I remember hearing that unemployment benefits run out in the states but so soon??

Emily said...

Wow, those dessert shooters are beautiful!

And many good thoughts in your direction. At least Thursday is only two days away. Good luck!