Monday, May 4, 2009

It's a little bit shiny. But not too shiny.


Free pattern for you in the Summer 09 issue of Knotions!

I've been impressed with Knotions since it started, and am committed to offering free patterns in a variety of venues, so this was a perfect pattern/outlet match. I think this is the best issue of Knotions yet (not just because I'm in it, seriously), so I'm honored to be in such company.


There are a few rounds of beads at the collar and hem; I don't usually go for embellishment (unless it's big buttons), but I love the way then add some weight to the edges of the garment and I think they, along with the infinite color options for the stripes, offer a huge range of possibilities for this pattern. Imagine no stripes, black and white stripes, brightly colored buttons, no beads, MORE rows of beads...

So there's proof that I have been knitting, and unofficial Recession Series Pattern #4! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, dahling! And very tempting....

craftivore said...

Super stylin! You make everything look hip. I couldn't get onto the Knotions website for some reason.

Salty Miss Jill said...

Very cute. :)
This reminds me of those neopolitan coconut bars. yum!