Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Brand Spankin' New Job

Yeah, shiny new job! And it's more baking! Since I didn't hate, and will go so far as to say I actually liked, the actual job activity content of my last job, I've decided to stick with it and not pick something random that seems appealing now but may lose its luster in a month or two. Here's some bread from New Bakery:


For your amusement, some job/moneymaking suggestions that friends and family have made over the 12 days I have been out of a job, as well as some jobs I've considered. In alphabetical order:

Cash4Gold (but I don't have any gold)
Catering Server
Community College Professor of Assyriology
Community College Professor of Math or Science (this would obviously require a return to school at a pretty basic level)
Copy Editor
ebay (I do have some of my office era duds up for sale)
Landscaper (I think my mom pictured me as the landscape architect, but of course all I'm qualified to do is wield a shovel)
Line Cook
Ranger (you know, the ones with the hats in National and State Parks)
Sausage Maker (okay, I actually applied for this one... it fits in, you know? Butcher, baker, and candlestick maker)
School Lunches Consultant
Wind Technology (supposedly it's a big new field with lots of jobs)
Website Designer (I was offered a temporary position doing this, but I had to admit I don't know how. Some things you can fake. "Code" is not one, in my opinion)


I have a shiny new Lauren, too. It will be on display at Windsor Button for the Red Line Yarn Crawl on March 20, and the fully revised and expanded pattern will be there for sale, too.

GO DUTCH mitts have been ripped twice, but let me tell you, they get better and better in each incarnation.

5 comments:

Karen said...

So glad your sense of humor remains intact! LOVELY bread. LOVELY Lauren too. Congratulations!

choo choo knits said...

congrats on the new gig!

nddphoto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

eee windsor button! I love your butcher/baker/candlestick maker theme. Rub a dub dub, eh?

You have a mighty adventurous list of jobs. I like making those lists too, but about half of mine are usually fictional.

Salty Miss Jill said...

Sausage maker! Now THAT is a job title!