Saturday, March 27, 2010

Don't be jealous of my boogie

Here's what I looked like after returning home from a 10.5 hour shift at the oven Thursday morning (I'm not just grimacing, I'm both chewing a sandwich and grimacing).


Note the crust of flour on those clothes. I wear one set of clothes for three or four days and just let it crust over; this was after Day 1, so I'll let you imagine Day 4. In this state, I need a fix of fabulous... and in that vein, I can't believe I haven't mentioned that it's back. Ru Paul Drag Race. Of course I've been watching intently, but not as intently as I did last year when I was unemployed and it gave me a reason to wake up in the morning. And when Nina Flowers was in it. Not that the ladies aren't superstars this year (Raven particularly, in my opinion).

This is what I'm knitting now, in between design projects:


It's a basic unisex sweater that I've knit twice before, once for Chris and once for Chris' cousin Eric. All have been made in Greenwood Hill Farm worsted merino, and all I have to say is that this combination of pattern and yarn has led to beloved and constantly worn male sweaters.

To the right is some ciabatta that I baked last night; unbelievably delicious and nearly impossible to stop eating!

2 comments:

Mildawg said...

Love the knitting and the bread!

craftivore said...

You do look pretty wrecked in that photo, a tired to be proud of. A lovely slice of fresh bread is the best thing in the whole world.