Monday, April 12, 2010

Moss and Ferns, let me be, I have work to do!

My latest knitting obsession, creating moss and fern textures and patterns in knit fabric. This shawl distracted me from designs and gifts with approaching deadlines; now it's done and I can get some work done!
I've already planned and swatched for the next moss and fern project, but I'm not allowed to start until a few other projects are complete. At that point I'll write up the pattern for this shawl, too. It's going to take some time, since it isn't a "plug in stitches from the stitch dictionary" project... I just winged it and ripped whenever it got off course. Until then, here's another shot.

I'm loving the colors: Louet Gems fingering in Goldenrod for the main color, and some very saturated Sundara Sock Yarn for the blue contrasting bits.

4 comments:

Mildawg said...

Your ability to rock the yellows never ceases to amaze. Great pose in the last photo!

Aline said...

ooo yum! I am really into yellow this season. This is really pretty!

Thea said...

Nice! I keep forgetting about louet gems, it's a nice yarn. Love the color combo.

Clstal said...

Wait. I hate to comment on anything but the lovely knitting (lovely!) but I'm stuck on the glasses.

That last pair is incredible and I love them and you rock them (!!). Also, did you buy them online?

WELL DONE!