Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's new, stomach flu?

I've been hiding out in bed feeling sorry for myself the past two days, without the energy to even sit up and knit much. But here I am, at the computer, with an empty digestive system and plans to return to the bakery tonight. Some things that happened before I got sick:

Orange Chiffon Cake for Easter! Yes, I do bake when I'm not at work, but I don't bake bread at home anymore.

New design in progress (a shawl design inspired by my love of moss! When I was a kid I would make a "moss garden" every summer... I would explore around my grandparents' cabin and collect all the different sorts of moss I could find and arrange them in this big green tupperware bowl filled with dirt) with Guumon to customize for a show in June.


That's it for this afternoon's energy. Back to bed.

3 comments:

Mildawg said...

I hope you recover quickly. That cake looks delicious!

nicole said...

oooh yuck, hope you feel better soon!

craftivore said...

Ooh, sorry about the flu. That cake looks like the perfect way to celebrate your return, it's enormous.