Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Easy Garter Stitch Yipes Stripes

As a respite from my current design work, which has, in the past two days, involved my very first steeking experience and knitting the body of a cardigan in a linen yarn that is killing my hands (it feels like dental floss, I swear, but after washing and drying it feels amazing), I present my latest super-easy pattern: BIG TOP.

My superstar mom modeled it while I was in Michigan for the holidays.

I actually finished this scarf months ago. Here I am wearing it in Ithaca:


I love the pattern-on-pattern look; this scarf is great for a "yipes stripes" effect. Want to make one?

ETA: Wow, people. I sent out about 100 Big Top patterns for the 1-day giveaway, so please, knit them up and send photos! And thanks for reading!

The pattern is now available for $5. You know you want one.



ENJOY!

12 comments:

Charlotte kaae said...

Your superstar mom looks so great in that scarf...

Steeking is something I love, as almost all my knitting is strandet and i prefere knitting in rounds, steeking is a must...

Off to have a look at the scarf on ravelry...

C. said...

Thanks for the pattern :)
This scarf looks lovely (and your mom is a terrific model for it!).

Aline said...

great scarf indeed. I have my first linen project almost complete and yes, floss likeness it is!
I think it's not too late...I will have a go at that free pattern, merci.

Haasilein said...

Its really a superstar mom !
She looks graet, especially in this great scarf !

Lovely Greetings from Munich,
Maren

Karen said...

Is it too late for model MOM to have a free pattern? LOVE YOU!

craftivore said...

Love the scarf. You are the master of the simple-to-knit with amazing verve.

catknitz said...

Hope it's not too late for a free Big Top Yipes Stripes pattern.

Many thanks!

blueberry said...

Thank you so much for the pattern! I already started... will send pictures when it's finished. :)

Hilda said...

Das ist ein sehr schönes Blog. Du machst sehr hübsche Sachen.

Liebe Grüße
Hilda

Salty Miss Jill said...

You look so fabulous outside the most horrible bar in the world!

Texanadian said...

I love the way Yipes! Stripes. Have a stellar day/ week/ evening!

Kathleen said...

LOVE IT!
I will definitely make this.