Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Features: "What's Good" and "Did You Know?"

First of all, thanks for the massive response to Big Top! The pattern is now available for sale through my website and Ravelry here.

Second, I've decided to introduce some themes to the blog to encourage me to post more regularly. I present "What's Good Wednesday," in which I talk about knitting-related things that other people are doing that I'm digging. So what's good?

Today I received a package from Skein yarns: Frog and Toad sock in Industrial Age.

A friend of mine visited a few weeks ago and we drank wine and oohed over the Skein colors, and I splurged and bought these. We were enchanted with the name of this colorway and a little tipsy, but wow, what a good call! The colors in the photo are very close to reality. It's difficult to find colors that are on the dark side without being muddy, and this is perfect.

Oooh! ETA: Skein is having a big store update on Friday, Jan. 28, at 2 pm Sydney, Australia time.

Another new feature around here is going to be "Did You Know?". Perfect example: Did you know that RuPaul's Drag Race Season Three began last Monday? If you've been reading this blog for the past two years you know how I feel about that show, loca, please!


And, thanks to the fact that the copy editing business is slow, I get to sit on the couch, have a drink, knit, and watch it ALL, without any worries about having to go out with my horrible non-haircut (partial unemployment and occasional copy editing aren't financing a haircut these days). Can I get an a-men up in here?

7 comments:

jsdknits said...

Partial unemloyment. Related to partial employment? This is something to ponder.

Aline said...

very cool name for that yarn.
And I totally know what you mean about the lack of hairdo funds...same here. I am very thankful for my elastic and one bobby pin!

Unknown said...

A-MEN! I would consider myself partially unemployed these days as the educational degree I am working on has me working full time, yet for free. One of my students said to me the other day, "YOU need a haircut." My first reaction was to tell him to mind his own business.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to the blog. Hope you love RuPaul's drag race as much as moi!

Kymm said...

Total unemployment and a cheapskate nature mean I cut my own, with a paid cut once or twice a year. But wait! It gets worse! I color my own, too. I empathize with you.

Skein said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my yarns :) I'm really looking forward to see what you make with these!

Unknown said...

RuPaul's Drag Race makes everything better.