Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stop Traffic!!!

First of all, thanks to everyone who shared boot and clothing stories. I'm now fixated on getting a pair of Grenson Brogues for myself.

This fall I was able to squeeze out a few handknit presents. My favorite: mitts for my Dud, whose hands get ridiculously cold in the winter (we think it has something to do with altered circulation after his spinal cord injury). In any case, I was inspired by a policeman directing traffic one day on my drive to work, so I made him these. And I made him pose as if he was directing traffic.


Then I told him, "LOOK MORE CONVINCING!"


He was a little bit cranky because it was cold and raining outside. Here's a closeup:

The yarn is Madelinetosh DK in Graphite and Edison Bulb that I purchased at Little Knits on my Seattle trip this fall. I made up the pattern on the go and ended with a braid.

8 comments:

andrea said...

ohhh that braid really makes them! so awesome looking.

Unknown said...

Those look awesome.

The pose where he's supposed to look more convincing may actually be less convincing! :)

choo choo knits said...

they're perfect!

Salty Miss Jill said...

Those are wonderful, both the mitts and the boots!
And your dad is very convincing, by the way.

xoxoxo
SMJ

craftivore said...

Love the braid on the mitts. Your dad may be a reluctant model but I bet he loves those mitts.

Amy said...

She was smitten with boots and with mittens.

Karen said...

Here's an update from mom. Dad loves those mitts!

Anonymous said...

That braid is fantastic. Gotta get me one of those.