Saturday, June 13, 2009

Accidents will happen


Fell down the stairs at the bakery yesterday, while carrying a heavy tub of lime-blueberry muffin batter.

Took the day off from the bakery, took some muscle relaxers (I ached all over by the time it really set in last night), lots of Advil, 14 hour sleep, and I think I'll be back at it tomorrow.


Meanwhile, in a break from designing work, I've finished the last of the Mother's Day socks. Pattern is my own, knit in Reynold's Soft Sea Wool on size 2 needles. Cast on 56 stitches, knit round and round in 20-row stripes with 2-row stripes on the heel.

Thanks for all your good wishes... I got all my Unemployment $$$ in the mail yesterday!

3 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

Yowch!
Fabulous socks you got there...
Feel better soon, darlin'. :)

craftivore said...

Oy, it's a good thing all you got were some bruises and aches. Love the socks. I have a little of the Reynolds Soft Sea hanging around waiting to tell me what it's going to be, maybe socks.

Sputnik said...

I accidentally stumbled on your page because I was looking for pics of Hi-rise bread to show my house mate. e.g. the Huron you posted is fantastic!

Then I noticed this post. Sorry about your accident. I worked there for awhile, and those stairs are brutal! Watching Alan and others carry hand trucks filled with boxes up and down it was always frightening.

My first day on the job I was carrying a giant box and fell over one of those low benches in the storage area. Busted up my shins and wrists.