Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hello from the walking dead!

The past week has included a tap dance recital (two regular classes, one dress rehearsal, one recital with afterparty), a crazy week at the bakery including the "Hi Rise Bread Company Thursday Death March," which I hope does not become a weekly event (9.5 hours without any breaks, and we weren't anywhere near finished when I had to leave for my tap recital dress rehearsal (I was still 45 minutes late for that), a night working at the oyster bar at my other job, and a Father's Day dinner. Oh, and did I mention that I am now commuting by bike to and from my job with Chris every morning? It's only about 10 miles each way, nice when there's sun, more interesting in the sort of constant rain we've had around here.

I tried to do some pattern writing. FAIL.


I tried working on my Queen of Diamonds Fingerless Gloves. (Free pattern, just follow that link and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page). Couldn't deal with it, even though this pattern is exceptionally clear and well written.

Ballband dishcloth. Yes.


So, what do you knit when you're so tired you've caught yourself nodding off while people are talking to you?

Tap Dance Recital Photos: My Mom Bergh (left in the first photo below), Aunt Paula (right in the first photo below), and I danced to "It's Raining Men" to shouts and hoots of appreciation.


Yes, we were the only adults in the program. Those are indeed gold lame raincoats, and yes, we did some high kicks in our routine. It was awesome.

9 comments:

craftivore said...

Oh my god, those lame raincoats are hysterical. I'm sure it was quite a performance. I took tap for a few years up here, but jazz tap, so no heels. Sadly my teacher closed her studio. Love the orange yarn in the first pic.

Anonymous said...

That. is completely. fantastic. Love the raincoats! Where can I get one?

Emily said...

Those raincoats are amazing. It sounds like the whole tap-dancing shebang was amazing. High kicks!

I know this probably makes me insufficiently obsessive and therefore less hip, but I'm actively working on going to bed when I'm sleepy. The temptation to continue working on knitting or writing projects is high...but my bed is also damn comfortable. :-)

Between Hitching Posts said...

First time visiting your blog today. I love it. I'm glad I found it.

nicole said...

You. Rock.

Salty Miss Jill said...

How fabulous are you? You are my idol, seriously. A true force to be reckoned with. :)

Kym said...

Oh, tap dancing is the BEST! And I don't think it could get any better than tap dancing in gold lame raincoats! You all look FABulous! What fun.

Domestic Goddess Ltd. said...

Oh, Ann... so many wonderful things going on in your life, from winning your case against the nasty Former Employer, to working the (much more sane) new shift at the bakery, to tapdancing your way to fame and glory in those fabulous gold lame raincoats. It's good to catch up with your posts, and it makes me so happy to see that things are going your way (except for the bicycle mishaps, of course!).

Unknown said...

OMG love it. Tap away ladies!