Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's Day Reveal



Here they are, in all their glory: Above we have Grandma's socks, from RPM (free pattern at knitty), made on size 2 needles from 2 skeins of Spunky Eclectic Chubby Sock in the color "Joshua Tree." There's a little more green in the colorway, but it was difficult to photograph indoors. Get yourself some Spunky Eclectic; the colors range from the subdued (like this one) to the electric.

The socks on the right went to Mom Bergh, my mom-in-law. They are your basic 3 by 1 rib with 1 by 1 rib cuff on size 2 needles, made from one skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK in an Earth potluck colorway (the fuschia you see in there broke up the other "earthy" colors and made these quite striking). I got the yarn at Yarns in the Farms, where they had a LOT of colors of this new sock yarn.

Finally, on the lower left are Mom Weaver's socks. Made from a now-defunct free pattern called "Yukon Leaves," these were done on size 1 needles from one skein of Socks that Rock lightweight in Emerald Isle, purchased from The Fold.

Everyone was happy. I am happy. So many lovely sock yarns and sock patterns out there... though this sock tour was a bit more deadline-focused than I would have liked, I loved all the patterns and yarns I used. So now I can go get some more.

4 comments:

Bambi said...

Mom Weaver's socks bring joy, joy, joy! I have never worn such softness. They slide right into those clogs. Life is good when the feet feel good.

nicole said...

Wow, you've been a busy knitter! Two lovely pairs of socks and one delightful child's sweater. I love the diplomatic "immediately attractive to children" description of the colour!

Macoco said...

Your socks are so beautiful. I especially like the green ones.

Bambi said...

The green ones are right now on Mom Weaver's feet. I love them!