Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gabriella!


So, my Lorna's Laces pattern IS available! Check it out at Angelika's Yarn Shop (scroll all the way to the bottom of the page)! On the pattern it's modeled on what I like to call the "disembodied torso," which is curvy and gives a good idea of the negative ease. Here are a few more photos I took before I sent it away; first, a detail view (I'm really proud of the design details, but don't be afraid! It's a pretty easy pattern, and you don't need a cable needle!):


Here's one of me modeling it in overwhelmingly warm light; I'm wearing the size meant to fit about a 34-inch bust, that actually measures 31 inches across the bust. The yarn has a lot of stretch, as shown by the fact that the pattern photo demonstrates the same top on a 34-36 inch bust:

This yarn is unbelievable. Luxury. It was a joy to work with and design in this yarn; and, as Amanda from Lorna's Laces noted, the Montrose in the last post was part of my compensation for this work!

More goodness in the etsy shop:

Hope everyone is having a good week!

6 comments:

erngrn said...

looks great!!

SeattleAmy said...

Awesome sweater! I must say that I wouldn't have been interested in the sweater based on the model from the website where it's for sale, BUT it looks so much better on you, now I'm interested in it!

The model with the huge boobs makes it looks like the boobs are down by the waist! Not something I'm interested in since I've already got a short torso and am short waisted!

Angelika said...

I agree with AmyPinSeattle. Those disembodied models really distract from the garment. The model in the garment really needs to be a flawless form. I much prefer your photos, all of them. Thanks!! Angelika (at www.yarn-store.com !!)

craftivore said...

Your tank is great! I love it. Now if only the yarn wasn't so dang expensive, though I'm sure it's gorgeous stuff.

Tink said...

Hey... email me your email, pls.
Jill

Andreapgn said...

as usual girl, terrific knit