Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Yarn, for me and for you

A delivery of new yarn, especially free yarn, makes the yuckies go away. Behind my is a sweater's worth of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the new color Montrose. I did a pattern for Lorna's Laces this winter in their Pearl yarn... I'll show you photos as soon as I see it up for sale; I don't think it's hit stores yet.

Hank Chinaski is giving me a kiss in that photo, an adorable touch, I think. In more Other People's Patterns news, I'm making an Anais, for which I purchased the yarn (Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light, 4 skeins) over a year ago. The back is done... resting here with some fiber I have prepped to spin. It's such a simple pattern, just what I need right now... I have some serious business later this week, and after that I should be back to some designing and math-type work.


And in spinning news, there is new stuff in the etsy shop... this is my favorite, so I've named it Awesometown 2-ply. It's a heavy worsted weight Romney (soft and crisp and shiny), and 141 yards. There will be more coming every few days, all different fibers and color schemes, but mainly 2-plys, because I just love the way the colors swirl together. It's an effect that I think is very difficult - impossible? - to reproduce in commercially spun yarns.

Enjoy! And feel free to email me if there's a particular color or type of yarn you're looking for...

2 comments:

craftivore said...

I look forward to seeing what you made out of the Pearl, it looks like delicious stuff.

Emily said...

Your pattern was released at January TNNA, and it is available to stores... Angelika's has it at the bottom of this page!

http://www.yarn-store.com/lornas-laces-pearl-yarn.html

I made up the Montrose color (and have been stashing sock yarn to prove it!)-- I'm glad you like it.