Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Completed Rowan Sweater

just in time for the "Alberta Clipper" whipping through the area. Some weather slang (I know you love the BIG WEATHER content, Mom) for very cold winds.

In true Rowan style:

I decided not to do the big turtleneck thing the design calls for and just purl 1 row, knit one row, and bind off in purl. Easy. The sewing up and finishing was difficult, however; I think anything bulky needs extra care in the finishing department to keep it looking professional. I was rewarded for my extra effort every time I looked at the sleeves and could not tell where the seam was. Hooray!

And there is a matching hat. Action shots of that when it gets warm enough to leave the big Russian fur hat at home. Next up: two hats from patterns and one very special one of my own.

3 comments:

Bambi said...

The sweater is lovely. The lady is tired. Happy Weekend!

jr said...

I have had that pattern book for a long time and never knit anything out of it - your sweater looks lovely - I should pick something out for myself sometime soon. Great job.

weaverknits said...

Thanks, jr. Use the Plaid if you can find any! I was so pleased with the results here that I ordered another bag of it from ebay, really cheap!