Monday, December 21, 2009

A Flock of Christmas Gifts

So no one's getting sweaters this year due to my recent prolific design work, but I've taken a break to crank out some fun projects from patterns I've been admiring. First of all, the Flock of Seagulls wristlets, from the book Handmade Underground Knitwear. Here's number one blocking; number two is on its way.

Second up, a Destroyed Cowl made from exactly one skein of Dream in Color Classy in Cocoa Kiss. I'm a big fan of these almost black colors.

Below: Anyone for some yellow on yellow Malabrigo stockinette stitch on a snowy day? Me! Me!

Finally, grandma's getting socks, as usual, but I decided to switch up her expected pink/purple color palette a bit this year. You can find the free pattern for these here. These are from more Dream in Color, Smooshy sock yarn this time.


Hope everyone's holiday planning and celebrations are going well. I'm actually working on Christmas Day at the bakery, but after that I'm off to Michigan for five days! And now... off to the kitchen to bake the stollens I've been working on this afternoon.

5 comments:

Mildawg said...

Very nice presents -- they will be well-appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Oh, who wouldn't love malabrigo on ANY day? And the destroyed cowl....fantastic. Just fantastic.

craftivore said...

Even on an off year you manage to crank out a pretty impressive array of gifts. Love the drop stitch cowl, it will go well with Everybody Knows.

nicole said...

Yellow on yellow? Genius!!! And I love the destroyed cowl too.

Have a great time in Michigan!

Salty Miss Jill said...

Again, Fabulous!
I, myself, am a big fan of you.
xoSMJ