Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Inspirations

Lots of submissions due these days. Lots of projects, too. Oh, and it looks like I'll have a new job soon, a job that hopefully isn't actively trying to kill me, like I'm convinced my current job is.

What I'm thinking about while I'm working:

I just saw the Sex Pistols movie, The Filth and the Fury. Look, Johnny Rotten is wearing mohair!

Josef Albers

http://www.nutquote.com/thumb/50-Josef_Albers.jpg

Scarves like this (this one is from Savers, but I'm thinking about some knit versions in various yarn weights and fibers):


Looking at that photo reminds me: The other day at work I stayed late and saw some of the early morning customers come in for their bread. A sweet little old man said that I looked like a "nice young man." He was incredulous when I told him that I was a 32-year-old female and said I looked 18 or 19! What do you think? I took this picture as soon as I got home and showered. What a compliment, right?

2 comments:

Mette said...

The scarf is very lovely and the asymmetric of the scarf would be be a nice knitting challenge.

craftivore said...

Lol, who wouldn't want to be an 18 year old boy?! In the prime of your youth, milady. Love the Josef Albers as knitting ispiration.