Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Hideout

I hope none of you were trampled in the Black Friday madness. Since working Black Friday at Macy's a few years ago, I have a tradition of not leaving the house on that day. And Macy's was so calm compared to Walmart, or Best Buy . . . some of which were open YESTERDAY.

As a result, I didn't go to my studio to get the massive destash for the blog, but I'll be up there tomorrow and will be posting tomorrow evening and Friday. My studio is very near a MALL. The horror.

In the meantime, I have a new pattern in the latest issue of Craftsanity magazine, the Lost Hightway shawl:


If you've taken my Design Your Own Triangle Shawl class, you might recognize this as a reknit of my original improvised shawl that gave me the idea for the class.




This version is knit in Shepherd's Wool worsted weight (from Michigan!).


You can purchase print copies of Craftsanity here for $12. It is PACKED with awesomeness: sewing, baking, cooking, crochet, weaving, and obviously knitting. You can get the pdf version here (on the left, scroll down) for a mere $6. That's the cost of most individual shawl pattern pdfs!


Thanks to my sister for modeling and to my studio building for the great peeling-paint character.

And now, a little destash for those who stopped by. First, some Evilla unspun. This is the yarn I used for my World Series Sweater. When I purchased it, I purchased a LOT of it to offset the cost of shipping it from Germany.  A LOT. Each of these two wheels is about 500 yards, enough to make a World Series Sweater or a very, very large shawl.

$12 plus $8 shipping. SOLD


Next, enough Knit Picks City Tweed DK to make the first two sizes (36-inch and 40-inch bust) of Form Follows Function! Please ignore the colors in this photo; the colors are those pictured on the KnitPicks site. SOLD


It's about 5 skeins of Tabby, 4.5 skeins of Tarantella, and 2.25 skeins of Larkspur.

$12 plus $8 shipping.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and survived today!

No comments: